Friday, July 31, 2009

Scratching my head - but with clean hands!

Ok. So I was at the doctor's office with my son yesterday - for 3 hours. No big deal, I brought reading material. When it was finally got up to go, I discovered that I really had to "go". So, I asked where the restroom was...and went there - quickly.

After my blessed relief (how does a bladder hold so much?), I stood up and heard "WHOOSH". Yep, it was an automatic toilet. I'm used to them. I walk over to the sink and before I can find the soap dispenser, the water helpfully turns on for me. Gotta admit, I was impressed. Those auto turn on faucets are a bear to get to come on. Lots of times, I have had to find the electronic "eye" and wipe my thumb or finger across it a few times to let it know I am here with soap. But this one detected that I was a foot away and turned on. When I finally found the hidden soap dispenser (if they are going to be in a hidden area, they should emit a helpful beep and flash a light to give you a hint) I found out that the water was pleasantly warm. I rinsed for a couple seconds longer because of that.

Now, to dry my hands and leave. Oh. No automatic hand dryer; paper towels instead. Ok. I wave my hands in front of the dispenser. Nothing. I look underneath to see if there is an electric eye there. Nope. Oh no, is it empty - my hands are dripping. No, I see paper in there. Is the electric eye in a different place? I feel all around. Gosh, no. Where is that eye? My hands will be dry before I figure out how to get it to dispense a paper towel or two. I push on it in frustration.

It's a manual dispenser.

No comments:

Post a Comment